The implementation of the OERu is a designated project of the UNESCO OER Chair network.
The objectives of the UNESCO Chair in OER at Otago Polytechnic and the OER Foundation are to:
- achieve the critical mass of OERu anchor partners for a sustainable and scalable international OERu network
- coordinate transparent and collaborative planning for the implementation of the OERu, prioritising the following initiatives of the logic model:
- Open curriculum
- Open design and development
- Open pedagogy
- Open ICT infrastructure
- Open student support
- Open assessment and
- Open credential services;
- facilitate capacity development opportunities for successful implementation of the OERu model, and mainstream adoption of open educational approaches in post-secondary education;
- augment and support the activities of the UNESCO OER Chair network, and other open education networks, including through collaborative research and joint projects; and,
- cooperate closely with UNESCO on relevant programmes and activities.